Back to the home page.
Workshop: Enumerative geometry of surfaces
MFO Oberwolfach, June 14th-18th 2021
- Organized with Sam Grushevsky and Martin Möller.
Workshop: Non-commutative geometry meets topological recursion
BIRS/IAS Hangzhou, Original date: September 27th-October 2nd 2020.
Due to Covid-19, potsponed to Fall 2022.
- Organized with Masoud Khalkhali, Hannah Markwig and Raimar Wulkenhaar.
Special colloquium IHES/MPIM, online
- Thursday 25th June, 3-4.30pm
- Robert Penner (René Thom Chair of Mathematical Biology, IHES) will speak about Backbone free energy estimator, a new geometric tool in structural biology, Details.
Online MPIM seminar Algebra, Geometry and Physics
- Tuesdays, 2pm, Connection link : https://bbb.mpim-bonn.mpg.de/b/gae-a7y-hhd
-  9th June: Semisimple topological quantum field theories and exotic smooth structure, David Reutter (MPIM).
-  16th June: The topological period-index problem, Xing Gu (MPIM).
-  23rd June: Torsion points of abelian varieties and F-isocyrstals., Marco d'Addezio (MPIM).
-  30th June: Deformation theory of cohomological field theories, Sergey Shadrin (Amsterdam).
-  7th July: Emiliano Ambrosi (MPIM)
-  14th July: Generalized blowup equations, Kaiwen Sun (MPIM).
-  21st July: Eugenia Rosu (MPIM)
-  28th July: open.
-  4th August: open.
-  11th August: open.
-  18th August: Renaud Detcherry (MPIM).
-  2nd September: open.
Online reading group on
"Stability conditions, DT invariants and their geometry"
- Organized with Séverin Charbonnier, Alessandro Giacchetto, Reinier Kramer, Campbell Wheeler.
- Fridays, 4pm Germany time, and online until further notice (contact me to get the connection link).
- We wish to understand stability conditions and DT theory. References we will use are the review of Bridgeland on DT, the lectures of Huybrechts on stability conditions, and the more advanced lectures of Kontsevich-Soibelman. We will then study the paper of Bridgeland-Smith showing that spaces of meromorphic quadratic differentials on Riemann surfaces can be identified with spaces of stability conditions of certain CY3 categories defined from triangulations of surfaces.
-  10th April: Category theory for geometers (Reinier Kramer). Slides
-  17th April: Introduction to Bridgeland stability (Campbell Wheeler). Slides, Video recording.
-  24th April: A gentle introduction to DT theory (Séverin Charbonnier). Slides
-  1st May: DT for quivers with potentials (Alessandro Giacchetto). Slides, Video recording.
-  7th May: Stability conditions from quadratic differentials (I) (Gaëtan Borot). Slides, Video recording. (only second half).
-  14th May: Stability conditions from quadratic differentials (II) (Campbell Wheeler), unusual time 3pm. Slides, Video recording.
-  22th May: Refined Donaldson-Thomas theory (Matt Young). Slides, Video recording.
-  29th May: Riemann-Hilbert problems from DT invariants (Gaëtan Borot), unusual time 6pm. Slides, Video recording.
-  5th June: Refined Riemann-Hilbert problems from DT invariants (Anna Barbieri), unusual time 6pm. Slides.
-  12th June: Joyce structures from stability conditions (Séverin Charbonnier), Slides, Video
-  26th June: The Riemann-Hilbert problem from BPS invariants of quadratic differentials through exact WKB analysis, (Elba Garcia-Failde).
Reading group on "Lattice points in polyhedra"
MPIM Bonn, October 2019.
- Organized with Alessandro Giacchetto. Website.
- We will mainly follow the eponymous lectures of Barvinok (Zürich lectures in advanced mathematics).
-  8th October, 10-11.30am, Seminarraum: The algebra of polyhedra (Gaëtan Borot)
-  15th October, 10-11.30am, Seminarraum: Volumes and lattice points (Séverin Charbonnier).
-  22th October, 10-11.30am, Seminarraum: Counting, Ehrhart theory and Euler-McLaurin formulas (Reinier Kramer)
-  12th November, 10-11.30am Seminarraum: Relations between polytopes and toric geometry (Alessandro Giacchetto)
Conference: Geometry, Integrability and Moduli
MPIM Bonn, July 29th-August 2nd 2019
- In honor of Motohico Mulase 65th birthday.
- Organized with Olivia Dumitrescu, Steven Rayan and Don Zagier.
Workshop: New directions in the mathematics of
Coulomb gases and quantum Hall effect.
Mittag-Leffler Institute, Stockholm, July 1st-5th 2019
- Organized with Robert Berman, Semyon Klevtsov, Sylvia Serfaty and Paul Wiegmann.
Workshop : Geometric and categorical aspects of CFTs
BIRS Oaxaca, September 24-28th 2018
- Organized with Jorgen Ellegaard Andersen, Ana Ros Camacho and David Ridout.
Summer school : Log-correlated days
Hausdorff Center Bonn, June 11th-14th 2018
- Organized with Anton Bovier, Margherita Disertori and Patrik Ferrari.
- Mini-courses by Paul Bourgade, Lisa Hartung, Jon Keating.
Workshop : Young researchers in string mathematics
MPIM Bonn, November 27th-30th 2017
- Organized with Murad Alim.
Thematic trimester : Combinatorics and interactions
IHP, Paris, January-March 2017
- Organized with Marie Albenque, Valentin Féray and Guillaume Chapuy. The event will be organized around 3 axes:
- Asymptotic representation theory
- Large random objects (maps and dimers)
- Enumeration of surfaces and moduli spaces with graduate courses, recurring seminars, 1 introductory school + 1 conference on each theme.
- Scientific committee: Alexei Borodin, Jérémie Bouttier, Sylvie Corteel, Bertrand Eynard, Jean-Francois Le Gall, Ian Goulden.
Conference : Asymptotic analysis and probability in strongly coupled systems
HCM Bonn, 11-16th January 2016
Organized with Margherita Disertori and Patrik Ferrari.
Workshop : Topological recursion and TQFTs
MFO Oberwolfach, 14-20th February 2016
- Organized with Leonid Chekhov, Bertrand Eynard and Katrin Wendland.
Workshop : Geometric quantization and topological recursion
MPIM Bonn, 24-28th November 2014
With Peter Teichner and Don Zagier, I organized a specialized workshop to make progress in relating topological recursion and TQFTs : Website. Two mini-courses were held at this occasion:
- Jorgen Ellegaard Andersen (QGM Aarhus), The Hitchin connection and the Witten-Reshetikhin-Turaev TQFT
- Bertrand Eynard (CEA Saclay), Topological recursion and moduli spaces Videos.
Last modified: October 1st 2019.